With nearly 20 years of experience in journalism and content marketing, Chris Blose is a storyteller at heart, and one who marries business strategy to narrative nuance. He spent a decade-plus honing his skills at leading independent content marketing firms TMG Custom Media, Manifest and Imagination, serving as client-facing VP of Content for the latter two. His work for Fortune-500 companies, leading national hospital systems, nonprofits, higher education institutions and more have earned more than 20 industry awards since 2010.
Skills and expertise include:
- Content analysis and content strategy, with an emphasis on owned editorial media
- Experience creating, pitching and executing creative concepts (e.g., website or publication launches, social campaigns, etc.) based on business objectives
- An understanding of information architecture, user experience and taxonomy, particularly as they relate to content
- The ability to create editorial/creative workflows and staffing plans
- Presentation and interviewing skills and comfort speaking in front of current and potential clients or other stakeholders
- Knowledge of personas, audience research and user journeys
- Understanding of both SEO and analytics best practices
- Experience working in varied content management systems
- Years of creation experience across various media channels and formats, from print to digital to video to podcasting
- Success in both audience- and business-development
Perhaps most important, Chris understands how content — from deep dives to short-form social interactions — can meet audience needs and serve business objectives, neither at the exclusion of the other.